Monday

Beaux Bows



Beaux Bows is a completely gorgeous little shop owned be the even more gorgeous Ailbhe Stafford located in Georges Street Arcade, today celebrates the one year anniversary of her shop, stocking clothing from my faves Lazy Oaf and Salty Philip. I caught up with Ailbhe to have a little chat with her in celebration of Beaux Bows birthday.


Hey Ailbhe! So when did you decide you wanted to own your own shop??

Well I studied History of Art and English in UCD and always wanted to own my own Art gallery, but then the 2009 recession happened and I ended up in retail, I worked in Topshop in the concession Upper 5th, I worked in Om Diva too and that lead onto me wanting to start up my own place, I looked at loads of suppliers that I liked online and thought to myself 'I can do this', and I did, I had the shop opened within 3 months of the initial idea. 
I had loads of savings so I used the money from that to start things up, my family were also a massive help to me, my Dad is very business minded and he called the letting agencies for me. It's mad, I'd call up the letting agents and they wouldn't take me seriously, then my Dad would call them and they would be all up for meeting with him and showing him properties. My Mum helps so much too, she comes in and works in the shop sometimes with me and we have so much fun!



My plans now are to expand the shop and open the upstairs part, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm really proud of myself for doing this, it's kind of a way of expressing myself too, like I don't have my own apartment so the decor in the shop is totally me, from everything to the merchandising to the window displays. 
Every time I order stock I only order a select amount, like 6-10 of each item, so they are pretty unique to Dublin. 


Make sure to go, support young Irish women doing something for themselves, and buy loads of lovely things for yourself!

Beaux Bows is located in 21-22 Georges Street Arcade, Drury Street, Dublin 2.


Happy Birthday Beaux Bows and well done Ailbhe!




: ) x

1 comment:

  1. This is great, I just reviewed the shop for TN2 too! Yay Beaux Bows :)

    ReplyDelete